Smoking areas at Manchester Airport Terminal 1, 2 & 3 – Manchester airport smoking

If you’re flying out of Manchester Airport and thinking about having a last-minute smoke or ‘vape’ before you hop onto your flight, then we’ve got where you can head before take-off.

Find out where you can smoke at Manchester Airport

Find out where you can smoke at Manchester Airport

You cannot smoke on any UK flight. UK airlines do not permit smoking on board, therefore the ‘no smoking’ signs will remain on throughout the flight – so make sure you head to a designated smoking area before or after security.

Manchester Terminal 1:

Can you smoke after security? There is an outdoor smoking area near the food court in Terminal 1 for any smokers looking for a pre-flight smoke.

What about e-cigarettes? You cannot use electronic cigarettes anywhere inside the terminal building.

Manchester Terminal 2:

Can you smoke after security? If you want to smoke after security in Terminal 2, there’s an outdoor smoking area located near Gate 300.

What about e-cigarettes? You cannot use electronic cigarettes anywhere inside the terminal building.

Manchester Terminal 3:

Can you smoke after security? There is no airside smoking area at Terminal 3, so smokers will have to use the designated area outside the terminal landside.

What about e-cigarettes? You cannot use electronic cigarettes anywhere inside the terminal building

E-cigarettes

With much of the UK replacing their tobacco products with e-cigarettes, ‘vapers’ will need to make sure they’re aware of the restrictions of flying with them.

You cannot use your e-cigarette on the plane – it’s very clear – but you must pack it in your hand luggage. You cannot pack your e-cigarette into your checked luggage due to the restrictions on lithium batteries – often used in e-cigarettes. You also cannot charge your e-cigarette on the plane and are not allowed to take more than two individually protected spare batteries.

For the full guide to taking e-cigarettes on a plane, follow this link. 

Post navigation

13 comments for “Smoking areas at Manchester Airport Terminal 1, 2 & 3 – Manchester airport smoking

1. John Banks says:

you can walk through flight transfers from t3 to t1 if you would like to smoke

2. Pauline says:

I strongly agree with all the above comments – T1 & T2 have smoking area’s WHY does T3 not?? I wonder do passengers pay more for flights from T2 & T3. I want to book a holiday in June 2023 but this just puts me right off. Oh yes and alcoholics can have a drink in the bars no problem.

3. Michelle says:

Still no smoking area after security at T3
    Even after reopening after Covid
    It’s discriminatory of smokers.
    I won’t use any airline leaving from this terminal ever again
    After traveling from 3pm the day before, to catch early morning flights the last thing people want to do is doss around for another 2.5 hours on the uncomfortable seats feeling unsafe, exhausted and discriminated against. Leaving it until as late as possible to go through security means we are left wanting to have the comforts of the departure gates and visit to duty free but are being robbed of that pleasure
    Come on Manchester, it’s bad for business and bears a bad taste in our travel experience

• Pauline says:

So agree with everybody who has commented – why oh why has T3 not got a smoking area after security – there needs to be a good reason for this? I wish I knew.

4. mark says:

I was looking to book with Vueling but they fly from T3 and this has no smoking area airside so i won’t bother

5. Keith says:

Due to the fact that there is no facility for smokers in terminal 3 I will not be using any of the airlines that use terminal 3 , no consideration for their passengers.

6. Antony Henstock says:

The smoking facilities are horrible T Manchester airport, and still nothing at terminal 3. Was at fuerterventura recently and smoking areas are excellent, clean and both with bars for alcohol, coffe and snacks. Why are we treated like second class citizens in this country. Come on Manchester airport, have some compassion and vision for the comfort of your customers.

7. John Paul Foster says:

T2 head for gates 212-216 and down the steps.

8. Lesley says:

Is it far to walk to the designated outside smoking area from the escape lounge terminal 2

9. Dave Wright says:

About time T3 got a smoking area.
    T1&T2 have got them????

• Denise says:

Yes I totally agree there should be a area in terminal 3 to smoke when 1 and 2 have them cmon Manchester airport make a area for us smokers please.

10. christine bartlett says:

every other terminal has a airside smoking area..its time terminal 3 had one last minute queues would be greatly reduced as everyone stands outside terminal until last minute .this is discrimination !!

11. Alan Moore says:

Still no airside smoking area airside in Terminal 3? It is discrimination. The other terminals have them. Sort it out or lose passengers….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *