List of affected airports
Passengers flying into the US from these airports on non-American operators will be hit by the new rules on electronic devices. :
1. Mohammed V International, Casablanca, Morocco
2. Ataturk Airport, Istanbul, Turkey
3. Cairo International Airport, Egypt
4. Queen Alia International, Amman, Jordan
5. King Abdulaziz International, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
6. King Khalid International, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
7. Kuwait International Airport
8. Hamad International, Doha, Qatar
9. Abu Dhabi International, United Arab Emirates
10. Dubai International, United Arab Emirates
It does not apply to American-operated carriers.
The new rules took effect at 3 a.m. E.D.T. on Tuesday, and must be followed within 96 hours by airlines flying to the United States from the above airports.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 banned from US flights
Officials in the US have revealed passengers will not be able to take the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on flights or in their luggage to and from the US from 16:00 GMT on Saturday, October 15.
The ban applies to all flights and not just US-based airlines.
The announcement was made by the The US Department of Transportation.
An official statement says: “If passengers attempt to travel by air with their Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices, they will be denied boarding.”
Read the full statement here.