Why Book Doncaster Airport Short Stay Car Park
If you’re planning a short weekend away, or just a few nights abroad for a business trip, Short Stay Car Park at Doncaster Airport is the perfect option, coupling a convenient location and cost-efficiency. Its location and short-stay packages are ideal for those who want to be checking in as soon as possible and want to return to their car in no time at all after a tiring flight.
Car Park Features
If you are in search of Doncaster airport parking that allows you to stay for short periods, but at a convenient price and location, then this short stay car park is the perfect option. It is on-airport, which means that there will be no need to travel in on a transfer bus service. It is located next to the terminal, which means you only need to make the short 1 minute stroll to check in and security.
This facility is operated by uniformed staff who are on hand to help should you have any issues. For example, your car will be pre-registered when you book, meaning that their number plate recognition technology will grant you access to the building automatically. If it doesn’t, you just need to press the button for assistance, and a helpful member of staff will let you through. These staff members are on-site 24-hours a day, so you can always ask for help.
Aiding the fast operation is the fact that you get to keep your keys when you park with this short-stay car park. It’s just a matter of parking your vehicle, unloading your luggage and making your way to the check-in desks.
When you return, the process will be just as seamless. You keep the ticket you will be issued with upon your arrival, so when you drive to the exit barriers, you can exit quickly. There are also nearby fuel stations, to spare you an extra trip to a service station. That way you can load up your vehicle, leave the car park and drive home on a full tank.
This car park has disabled facilities, so you won’t need to worry about whether or not your Blue Badge permit will be valid here.
It’s not just its nearby location that makes this car park a good choice. It has 24-hour, uniformed staff on-site, so you can be happy in the knowledge that your vehicle will not be left in an unattended compound. The electronic barriers are monitored with ANPR technology, which reads number plates automatically. You can only enter this car park if you have booked a space with them. The compound is also surrounded by high security fencing and CCTV cameras. You can rest assured that all activity in and out of the facility has been monitored. Collectively, these measures have earned Doncaster Airport Short Stay Car Park the Park Mark Award. This is awarded to secure car parks as part of the police’s Crime Prevention Initiative.
Transfers to and from Doncaster Sheffield Airport
This car park is located just outside of Doncaster Airport, which means that it only takes around a minute to reach the terminal doors. There’s no transfer bus required due to its close proximity to the terminal.
The disabled facilities at Doncaster Airport Short Stay Car Park are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. As a result, it’s wise to book these as soon as you can. When you do park, you will need to display your Blue Badge permit in the window clearly. This car park is just a short walk from the terminal building, which makes it ideal for those with mobility issues.
It doesn’t matter whether your flight lands in the middle of the day or the ealy hours of the morning – this car park will always be accessible. It is open 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, making it a flexible, short-stay option.
Doncaster Airport Short Stay Car Park , Robin Hood Airport First Avenue Doncaster DN9 3RH
This is an on-airport car park, which means that to find it, you just need to follow the signs to the airport. You’ll find it on the approach to Doncaster Airport off Hurst Lane. When you reach the airport itself, you should see Doncaster Airport parking almost immediately. The detailed directions below should help you find the car park with no bother.
1. From the South
- Exit the A1 at Junction 34
- At the roundabout off the slip road take the 3rd exit over the motorway bridge
- At the 2nd roundabout take the first exit onto the A614.
- After approximately three miles, turn right into Hurst Lane.
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit, then go straight over the next roundabout
- The airport is in front of you and follow signs to the Short Stay Car Park.
2. From the West:
- Exit M62 onto A1 South
- Exit at Junction 35 onto the M18 and exit at junction 3
- Turn right at the roundabout and follow the Great Yorkshire Way.
- Travel through two sets of lights and at the third take the left turn down Hurst Lane to the Airport
- Along Hurst lane take the first right turn and follow the dual carriageway straight to the Airport.
3. Follow signs to the airport:
- Once in the airport grounds, follow signs for the Short Stay car park.
- There are two main entrances to the car park, both with help points.
On arrival at the car park:
- Simply drive up to the entry barrier where the automatic system will read your number plate and issue you with a ticket.
- Take the ticket and the barrier will raise allowing you to enter.
- Park in the first available space.
- Walk to the terminal building.
Please ensure you allow time to park your car and make your way into the airport terminal.
On return to the Short Stay car park:
- Collect your car and head to the barrier.
- Insert the ticket you received on entry.
- The barrier will raise and you can exit the car park.