Why Book Airparks, Luton Airport
Situated under 15 minutes away from the airport with regular transfer buses that drop you off directly at the terminal, Airparks Luton is the perfect choice for passengers who don’t want to worry about missing their flight. Their innovative “self-serve” checkouts make sure you can be on your way as quickly as possible. Your car will be safe in their hands, with security fencing, barrier control and CCTV in operation, earning it the police backed Park Mark Safer Parking award. Its off-airport location makes it a budget-friendly option for passengers with a tighter budget.
Car Park Features
Airparks Luton Airport is one of the closest car parks at Luton airport, and has several features to make your journey as convenient as possible. This secure car park is accessible to those with wheelchairs and has other features such as heated bus shelters to keep you warm.
If you need any assistance, whether it’s a question about parking or accessibility for the shuttle bus service, there will always be a member of staff on hand to answer any questions you may have. Those with an electric car will be happy to know that this car park also comes complete with an electric car charging service. This means that when you finally return to the car park from your journey, you’ll have a fully-charged car that’s ready to go. This car park also comes with useful extra facilities, such as free WiFi to stay on top of your flight details or to open your boarding passes, nearby fuel pumps to re-fill your car and baggage assistance for those who need a little extra help.
Airparks Luton runs a tight security operation to make sure that people know their vehicle has been left in safe hands. They have CCTV to monitor the car park day and night, as well as a team of 24-hour staff who patrol the vicinity. The car park itself is surrounded by high-security fencing, and cars are let in and out of the car park using electronic barriers, so only registered cars are allowed into the premises. Their comprehensive range of security measures has earned Airparks Luton the Park Mark Award. This award is part of the Police Crime Prevention Initiative, which guarantees visitors that the car park they are choosing to stay with has been assessed to ensure it is regularly maintained to meet the police’s exceptionally high standards.
Transfers to and from Luton Airport
The free transfer bus service takes only 12-14-minutes to reach the terminal doors and runs every 20-minutes, between the hours of 04:00-23:20. Visitors who find themselves arriving on a particularly early flight needn’t worry. A shuttle service can be arranged upon request, so no matter how late you stay or arrive, you’ll always be able to reach the terminal or car park with ease.
Parking at Airparks Luton Airport is quick and simple. When you arrive, drive to the designated arrival area, park your car and head over to the check-in building. You will find an automated machine that will do the registration work for you, and you will be given a tag and ticket. You use the tag to attach to your car keys and drop it in a designated blue box outside. You’ll know which box you should drop it in as the number will correspond to your arrival lane. After that, the friendly staff will park your car for you while you head to the terminal. It’s important you keep hold of your ticket, as you’ll need it when you return from your getaway to collect your car.
The transfer buses at Airparks Luton are accessible for wheelchair users and helpful staff are always on hand to help out or just to answer any questions.
Airparks Luton is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. The transfer service runs at 20-minute intervals between the hours of 4:00 and 23:00 although a shuttle can be arranged past these times. This means you can be sure that easy access to the car park and terminal is available at any time of day.
Maximum vehicle height: 2m
This car park does not accept transit vans, minibuses, motorhomes, caravans and trailers and cannot accept any vehicle with a taxi licence plate - these can only be driven by the licence holder.
With roadworks taking place at Luton Airport, the return bus bays have been heavily affected by this. You will be informed of which bus bay to return to by a member of the Airparks team upon your arrival at the car park.
If you lose your car parking ticket whilst you’re away, you’ll need to present a valid photo ID on your arrival back to the car park. This is to ensure staff can find your car and confirm your identity for security purposes.
Airparks, Grove Road Slip End Luton LU1 4BZ
Airparks Luton is located just moments away from Luton airport, so you don’t need to worry about a particularly long transfer time before checking in for your flight. The transfer bus service takes 12-14-minutes to drop you off at the terminal. This car park is situated just outside of Junction 10 on the M1 motorway, making it easily accessible from whatever direction you’re travelling from.
From the M1:
- Exit M1 at Junction 10.
- Take the first slip road to the left signed Airport Way A1081.
- Take the first exit at the roundabout signed St. Albans, Harpenden A1081.
- You'll come out onto a roundabout where you should take the first exit onto London Road.
- Go through the tunnel taking the second exit at the roundabout for the St. Albans, Harpenden A1081.
- After 100 metres turn right Newlands Road, following signs for Airparks.
- Afte half a mile turn left B4540, signposted Slip End and Markyate. and at the traffic lights turn right onto Grove Road.
- Take the first left onto the service road, Airparks is on the right.
On arrival to the car park:
- Drive into the car park and park in one of the arrival bays.
- Make a note of your lane number, take your luggage and head inside to check-in.
- Use a self-service kiosk which will issue a ticket that you’ll need to keep for your return.
- Drop your keys into the key-drop box outside reception – make sure you put them in the correct box for your lane number.
- Take the shuttle bus to the terminal while your car is parked for you.
Staff are on hand if you require any assistance.
Please ensure you allow sufficient time to complete your vehicle check-in and airport transfer.
On your return:
- Take the transfer bus to the car park.
- Head to the check-out shelter and follow the on-screen instructions (remember you’ll need the ticket you were issued on arrival) – your keys will be returned and you will be informed where your car is parked.
- Collect your car, head to the exit and insert your ticket.
- With roadworks taking place at Luton Airport, the return bus bays have been heavily affected by this. You will be informed of which bus bay to return to by a member of the Airparks team upon your arrival at the car park
Staff are on hand if you need any assistance.