- Why am I being charged for 8 days parking when I am only away for 7?
- How late can I make a booking?
- Will there be a space for me at the car park?
- What if my travel plans change?
- How do I amend or cancel an existing booking?
- Why can I not amend or cancel a Supersaver, Non Flexible, Advance Purchase or No Fuss No Bus parking booking?
- What if I return later than the date on the booking?
- How do I get a new booking confirmation?
- How do I get a VAT receipt?
- What are the directions to the airport car park I have booked?
- What is Credit Card Recognition and E-Ticketing?
- What is Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)?
- Do I need to advise you if I decide to bring a different vehicle to the car park than the vehicle I originally booked?
- What do I do when I get to the car park?
- Do I have to leave my keys?
- What time do I have to arrive at the car park?
- What sort of security is there for my car?
- If I book a hotel & parking package where do I park?
- The number of people travelling has changed. Does that matter?
Why am I being charged for 8 or 15 days when I am only away for 7 or 14?
Most Airport Parking is charged per day, rather than per 24 hour period. So if you depart on a Monday and return the following Monday, your price will include the Monday you arrive at the car park. Some on-airport car parks do charge per 24 hour time period or part thereof. Should your actual entry and exit times change from those that you have book, as this may result in your actual time in the cark park exceeding the number of days you have pre-paid for (or decreasing). This will result in an additional charge, which will be levied by the car park upon exit or if you call us before you leave we can add this to your credit card.
How late can I make a booking?
Generally car parks can be booked up to 24 hours before your departure, and some car parks can even be booked on the day. As car parks can get full during peak travel times we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure a space is reserved for you.
Will there be a space for me at the car park?
This website will only display available parking spaces, so you can be assured a space will be reserved for you once you have made your booking. Note: Some on airport sites may redirect you to an alternative on airport car park if your car park is full.
How do I amend or cancel an existing booking?
You can cancel your booking or make changes to your travel dates, flight info, vehicle or personal details using Manage My Booking. Please ensure you have your email address, postcode and booking reference to hand.
Alternatively you can contact our call centre on 01342 859442.
Please note that if you have made a booking for a Supersaver, Non Flexible or Advance Purchase product you will be unable to amend or cancel your booking.
Why can I not amend or cancel a Supersaver, Non Flexible,or Advance Purchase?
Supersaver, Non Flexible and Advance Purchase products cannot be amended or cancelled as they are sold at a discounted price to the standard rate for the car park and are not subject to the standard APH Terms and Conditions of booking. If your plans are likely to change we recommend that you book one of the fully flexible options, which will allow you to amend or cancel your booking as per our standard terms and conditions.
What if my travel plans change?
APH understand that your plans sometimes have to change at short notice. For most car parks, hotels and lounges, APH do not make any charges for amending bookings. Should you need to cancel your booking you will receive a full refund (excluding your credit card handling fee if applicable) providing you inform us no later than 24 hours prior to your departure date. (Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details).
What if I return later than the date on the booking?
You will need to pay for the additional days on your return at the car park. If you are aware of a change in dates before you leave you should amend your booking using Manage My Booking . Alternatively you can contact our call centre on 01342 859442. If you are on holiday and a delay occurs you should ring through to the car park directly as this will limit any delay at the car park on your return.
How do I get a new booking confirmation?
You can do this online using Manage My Booking. Please ensure you have your email address, postcode and booking reference to hand. Alternatively you can contact our call centre 01342 859442.
How do I get a VAT receipt?
Your booking confirmation includes our VAT number and your payment details and as such will act as your VAT receipt.
What are the directions to the airport car park I have booked?
To find directions to the airport car park that you have booked click here: www.aph.com/directions.shtml.
What is Credit Card Recognition and E-Ticketing?
Some car parks uses a system called Credit Card Recognition or “E-Ticketing” to allow you to enter and exit the car park. Your confirmation will tell you whether your car park uses this system. All you need to do is use the same credit or debit card that you used to make your booking into the entry barrier and then park your car. On your return insert the same credit or debit card that you used to make your booking into the exit barrier to exit the car park.
If you make a booking within 48 hours of your arrival time at the car park or if you no longer have the same card you will need to follow the alternative entry procedures as indicated on your confirmation.
What is Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)?
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) is a system used by some car parks to allow you to enter and exit the car park. Your confirmation will show if your car park uses this system. When you arrive at the entrance of the car park a scanner will read your number plate, and if you have a booking it will allow you to enter the car park. If you change your vehicle it is important to let us know as this could cause delays when you reach the car park.
Do I need to advise you if I decide to bring a different vehicle to the car park than the vehicle I originally booked?
Yes, as some car parks use number plate recognition for entry and exit and if they do not recognise your vehicle registration you may be charged again for your booking. You can change your car details by using Manage My Booking or by calling our call centre on 01342 859442.
What do I do when I arrive at the car park?
Instructions for your arrival will be included on your confirmation; however as a general rule the following will apply:
- Off Airport/Valet Parking When you arrive at the car park simply park in the arrivals area and proceed to the reception with your confirmation. The car park will then check you in and you can then board the courtesy transfer bus to the airport. (Note some off airport car parks may operate self parking facilities).
- On Airport/Self Parking Upon arrival at the car park simply park you car in an available space, and then proceed to the nearest bus stop where a transfer bus will take you to the airport terminal. Some on airport car parks are within walking distance to the terminal so they do not provide a transfer bus. (Note some on airport car parks may operate valet parking facilities).
- Meet & Greet All you need to do is call the Meet & Greet company around 10 to 15 minutes before you arrive at the airport to let them know you are on time and then proceed to your meeting point, as advised by the company.
Do I have to leave my keys?
If you book a car park that provides valet parking or a meet & greet service you will need to leave your keys. Any car park that asks for you to leave your keys will have a secure process for managing car keys and the security of your car.
What time do I have to arrive at the car park?
Your time of arrival will be dependent on the location of the car park to the airport and you should check your confirmation for further details. As a guide you should arrive at the car park at least 45 minutes before your earliest stated check in time.
What sort of security is there for my car?Each car park has its own security features in place for your car, and when you get a quote these will be listed under the security features in the car park details. Security features offered by many car parks include CCTV, security fencing, 24 hour manning and barrier control. Many of the car parks we have available are recipients of the Park Mark Award for Safer Parking. This is an award initiated by the Association of Chief Police Officers, and is granted to car parks which have been vetted by the police and have achieved certain security requirements.
If I book a hotel & parking package where do I park?
If you book a hotel & parking package your parking will either be on site at the hotel or at a secured car park away from the hotel. Full details of your parking will be provided in your confirmation.
The number of people travelling has changed. Does that matter?
You can change the number of people travelling in your party by using Manage My Booking or by calling our call centre on 01342 859442.
If you have any other questions not answered here please email us at email@example.com or call our call centre on 01342 859442.