Cost Of UK Passports

If you need a new passport use the table below to understand what options there are to get a new passport or renew your passport, how much it will cost you, and how much time it will take. Understand your options and you won’t end up paying a high price for leaving it until the last minute.

Passport Rules and Regulations:

Post Check and Send at Post Office (includes £6.85 handling charge) Fast Track (one week) Premium (same day) Minimum time needed Length of passport
Adult First (includes passport interview) £77.50 £84.35 N/A (interview needed) N/A (interview needed) Post: 6 weeks 10 years
Adult Replacement £77.50 £84.35 £112.50 N/A Post: 3 weeks
Online: 3 weeks
Check and Send: 2 weeks
10 years
Adult Renewal or Amend £77.50 £84.35 £112.50 £129.50 Post: 3 weeks
10 years
Extend a restricted validity adult passport (issued before 1st May 2008) Free Free Free N/A Post: 3 weeks
Applicants need to check with the passport office
Extend a restricted validity adult passport (issued after 1st May 2008) £77.50 £84.35 £112.50 N/A Post: 3 weeks
Child First £49.00 £55.85 £96.50 N/A Post: 3 weeks
5 years
Child Renewal £49.00 £55.85 £96.50 £109.50 Post: 3 weeks
5 years
Extend a restricted validity child passport (issued before 1st May 2008) Free Free Free N/A Post: 3 weeks
Extend a restricted validity child passport (issued after 1st May 2008) £49 £55.85 £96.50 N/A Post: 3 weeks
Minimum time needed 6 weeks 6 weeks for first passports or 2 weeks 1 week 1 day services are guaranteed.

APH makes every effort to ensure that the information provided is accurate at the time of collection and publishing but it is provided without any kind of warranty. APH accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the information.

12 comments for “Cost Of UK Passports

1. Mrs c.Lish
    June 4, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Why does it cost £55.00 to renew a child passport just because they have had it since they’ve had it for 5yrs. I understand to chage photo I.d but why do they have to pay again ? We are a low income family with no income only benefits.

Thanks RSVP mrs C.lish…

• Philip Evans
      July 16, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Excellent message and point of view!! Thank you Mrs. C. Lish for making this very important statement and I highly agree with you.

Kind Regards,

Philip Evans

2. Mr A B ASHBY
    June 22, 2014 at 9:46 pm

once youv’e paid for a passport why should you have to pay again prices are discusting

• Philip Evans
      July 16, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I agree the costs are too high!! But I understand the need in using new material is required, but should be ‘at cost’ with a very minimal fee. Labour costs to produce the passport? We pay our government very high taxes and therefore should cost us nothing for a passport in reality!!

Thank you.

Philip

3. mohammed Rashid
    July 11, 2014 at 9:49 am

my child has a british passport he would like to extend it now is there any fees he was born in 2005

4. Amy Dunn
    July 17, 2014 at 3:24 pm

We advise you to contact the passport office- https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line

5. H Maline
    July 22, 2014 at 6:21 pm

My opinion is the Government need to spend more money on checking who is issuing false
    passport and visas to allow so many people to come into England in the first place. More boarder
    control – like Australia for example.

In Britain we seem to be paying for everyone and everything, which Countries are helping us??

6. Patricia Baxter
    September 15, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Costs for passport too high. Both husband and I pensioners wish to see family abroad etc. Husband is 80 and has to wait for 5 years for a free one – at 85 how many people are still wanting to travel abroad?

7. Julie Morrison
    October 5, 2014 at 6:31 pm

My daughter is 15 if I buy her a child passport now will it last 5 years or will she have to get an adult one and pay again when she is 16?

8. geo.kidd
    October 21, 2014 at 4:32 pm

myself and wife are both retired and our passports ran out this year. i feel that some sort of discount should aply,as the ability to travel is greatly reduced by our health and age.

9. Miss Helen Healer
    November 8, 2014 at 10:05 pm

can a 1year passport be supplied as i am not accustomed to flying and would not be wanting
    a 10 year one. this would be a one off flight for me.

10. K F Bourne
    November 28, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Is a free passport available for a person who is 85 years old

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *