36 tips for a stress free holiday
You can always expect a stress-free start to your hols or business trip with APH… but it doesn’t need to stop there. Here are our 35 top tips to make your trip a holiday to remember for the right reasons…
We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate our 35th birthday than by sharing our vast experience with you all! So here are our 35 all important, money saving and stress relieving, best holiday ever tips that we have collected over the 35 years that we’ve been in business.
1) Pre book your airport parking! It has to be the easiest thing you can do, that will save you the most amount of stress. Head to APH now to check out the best deals around…
2) Checking in for your flight online will save you valuable time queuing at the check in desk, that you could be spending relaxing with a latte.
3) Learn some basic phrases; a ‘merci’ or ‘grazi’ here and there will go a long way on your trip.
4) Buy Travel Insurance; this is just common sense! Why take any chances with your health or possessions? Click here for a quote today!
5) Book a hotel for the night before your flight. Don’t sit in traffic worrying about making your flight; instead you could be relaxing in one of the many exciting airport hotels around the country. Check them out at APH.
6) Pack some travel detergent; at some point on the holiday you will be glad you did, trust us.
7) Drink bottled water; foreign water can upset your tummy even if it’s clean. Different minerals can play havoc, so sticking to the bottle could mean a happier healthier holiday.
8) Check out which visas are needed for the country you are visiting before you fly; this could save you a nightmare at the other end of your flight.
9) If you’re looking for a really luxurious start to your holiday then why not book yourself into a stunning Airport Lounge, where you can while away the time before your flight in real style. Head to APH to get all the details.
10) Do some research on your destination; finding out what you want to do when you’re there will help you get the most out of your trip. For government advice on any destination, check out the FCO website.
11) Invest in a decent suitcase. That ridiculously cheap one may seem like a bargain, but when it falls apart as soon as you land, you’ll be wishing you spent that little bit extra.
12) Tell your bank that you are going abroad and save yourself an expensive phone call when your card is declined by the fraud team, ouch!
13) Weigh your luggage before you get to the check in desk. At APH we have handy scales ready and waiting for you by the transfer bus.
14) Go to Masta Travel Health to find out if you need any travel vaccinations; Typhoid and Yellow Fever are not fun.
15) Know the local laws and don’t break them! Things may be different abroad and the last thing you want on your holiday is to upset the local bobby.
16) Change your money into foreign currency well in advance; don’t wait ‘til the airport as the rates will be rubbish.
17) Get a guidebook; it will give you invaluable advice to getting the most out of your destination.
18) Invest in some good bug spray to keep the nipping nasties at bay.
19) Eat where the locals eat; they are the best advertisement of a good restaurant that you can get.
20) Travel apps can make your life a breeze. Have a look at some of the best general travel apps here or this collection that’s best for helping when you’re travelling with kids.
21) Go fake; save your skin from sun damage and ageing by using a little sunless tanner. Just don’t take it to extremes or you may end up as orange as, well an orange.itineraries in one handy place; perfect if you’re planning a big adventure
22) Get your passport sorted early. Or failing that head to the Passport Office website for details on how to get your application fast tracked.
23) Book an overseas transfer in advance and enjoy a relaxing private door-to-door service rather than the usual scrum to get on the coach. More details at APH.
24) Shop around for deals on sun cream; there are some real bargains to be had.
25) Buy a map if you’re heading to a city, it’s always a good idea to have a hard copy in case your smart phone packs up.
26) Pack light! It’s easier said than done, but you’re going to have to ask yourself some tough questions; will you really need two purple jumpers?
27) Pre book your hire car, not only will you get a much better rate, but you will be guaranteed a car so there will be no lets downs when you need them least. For great deals head to APH.
28) Buy small bottles for shampoo and other beauty products, they’ll save you pounds in weight, and in money!
29) Save yourself a statement sting and find out how much your card provider charges for overseas transactions; they can mount up so it may be worth shopping around.
30) Either get yourself a roaming plan, or switch off your smartphone’s data roaming when abroad. This could save you hundreds of pounds on your next bill. For more advice click here.
Tip for Controlling your Data Costs Abroad
31) Make yourself a mini first aid kit of painkillers, plasters, sickness medicines and other little life savers.
32) Take more underwear than you think you will need, or failing that see point 6.
33) Pick up some sweets for the plane; they can really help you equalise your ears as you hit new heights.
34) We’ve saved the best for last! Meet & Greet is the ultimate parking experience and worth every penny when you’ve braved a long flight. Book your Meet & Greet at APH and you can say goodbye to the transfer bus and breeze directly into your waiting car from the terminal. Perfection!
35) Travelling to Gatwick, Heathrow, Stansted Luton or beyond? If you need to pass through the Dartford Crossing, don’t let an unpaid toll spoil your return. How you pay has changed so make sure you get the full details right here.
36) Find out if you’ll need a pocketful of change when heading to the terminal by taking a look at our airport-by-airport guide to baggage trolley costs across the UK. Find it here… it’s just one less thing to worry about.